What happens when we praise and glorify God? That sole enemy, Satan, is ashamed and flees from us when we praise god and glorify him. God has given the name “Jesus Christ” power.
Giving God the recognition he deserves is what it means to praise him. God doesn’t require our admiration and respect. He can stand alone and be whole. But why ought we to give God praise?
- Praise to God demonstrates our complete reliance on Him.
- It demonstrates our faith in Him.
- God deserves our praise.
- It’s an act of appreciation.
How Should we praise God?
1. Raising hand; it’s a sign of admiration when we do so.
“Lift up your hands in the sanctuary, and bless the LORD”. (Psalms 134 : 2)kjv
2. In order to show humility, we must kneel when we prayer and praise god. The implied genuflection of the typically denotes respect.
“O come, let us worship and bow down: let us kneel before the LORD our maker”.(Psalms 95:6)kjv
3. If we are in a meaningful, direct conversation with God, we should express our praise to him with our lips.
“By him therefore let us offer the sacrifice of praise to God continually, that is, the fruit of our lips giving thanks to his name”.(Hebrews 13 :15)kjv
4. When we sing to God and give him praise, it improves us by readjusting our priorities, refocusing our affections, and restoring our souls.
“Praise ye the LORD: for it is good to sing praises unto our God; for it is pleasant; and praise is comely”. (Psalms 147:1)kjv
5.As we live in the gospel and love and represent others, we feel at one with our brothers and sisters and more in tune with the divine. This has an impact on our unity whenever we have the chance to get together.
“Saying, I will declare thy name unto my brethren, in the midst of the church will I sing praise unto thee”.(Hebrews 2 :12)kjv
6.In the Old Testament, dancing in the presence of God was an alternative to worship, used as a form of celebration, worship, and service. Remember that you were created to use your talents to exalt God if He has placed a desire in your heart to dance, sing, or use musical instruments.
“Let them praise his name in the dance: let them sing praises unto him with the timbrel and harp“.(Psalms 149:3)kjv